SCHOOL BUS ASSIGNMENTS
As the district buses run at or near capacity, all students receive assigned seats on buses. Unless there is an emergency and prior approval is received from the Brunswick Transportation Dept., a student can ONLY ride the bus to which he/she is assigned. Students are not permitted to ride on other students’ buses for play dates, etc. (Transportation Dept. phone number: (330) 273-0252)
**CHANGES IN STUDENT TRANSPORTATION**
New rules in place for this school year – PLEASE READ CAREFULLY:
Phone calls will NOT be considered an acceptable form of notification for a change in student transportation. If you need to change your child’s mode of transportation on a particular day, that change MUST be in the form of a note signed by a parent/legal guardian. If an EMERGENCY
arises and you did not have an opportunity to send in a signed note making a transportation change, we will also accept a faxed note signed by a parent/legal guardian. If you are sending a note by fax, you must call the office to confirm receipt of your note by 2:30p.m. The Hickory Ridge fax number is: (330) 273-0510
. We appreciate your cooperation and understanding in this matter. Your child’s safety is always our priority.
Welcome to Hickory Ridge! Thank you in advance for your patience with arrival and dismissal procedures. Arrival and dismissal will run more smoothly and efficiently as we all get more familiar with the routine. The safety of our children is our highest priority. To allow the safest and most efficient arrival and dismissal of bus riders, car riders, and walkers, we ask that you please review and observe the procedures listed below.
- Cars entering the school driveway may pull up as far as the first parking space on the west side of the circle.
- Two car lengths from the street should be free and clear of cars at all times so that buses can pull in the school driveway.
- Please wait until a staff member supervising dismissal signals you to pull around the circle. This will be done after all buses have been loaded and dismissed.
- The first car on the circle should pull up as far as the driveway to the staff parking lot. This will allow six cars to load, on the curb side of the circle, at one time. Please pull up as close to the car in front of you as possible.
- Students are not permitted to load beyond the end of the sidewalk on the circle. They should wait until you are one of the six cars on the curb side of the circle.
- Cars that have loaded their students should pull out in a single line -- please do not pull out of the line-up.
- NEVER leave your vehicle unattended in the driveway or circle during dismissal time (2:45-3:15 p.m.).
- All car drivers should be aware of buses entering the school driveway and yield or move in order to allow buses to come in.
- All buses MUST enter and exit before car riders are dismissed. Our buses have another elementary school run after ours, and a very close schedule to meet.
Again, thank you! We greatly appreciate your cooperation and patience in helping us to make our arrival and dismissal procedures safe and efficient for our students and for you. We understand that your time is valuable and that you want to pick up your child as quickly as possible. We ask you to remember that we are all members of a community and that each parent shares the same concerns and time constraints. Please be respectful and considerate of each other and our staff. Our first concern must be the safety of our students.
Mary Anne Melvin