The Treasurer/CFO (Chief Financial Officer) is one of two positions appointed directly by and reporting directly to the Board of Education. The duties of the Treasurer are specifically outlined in the Ohio Revised Code (3319.02).
Some of the Treasurer's duties as outlined by the Ohio Revised Code (ORC) include:
- Official custodian of the proceedings of each Board of Education meeting
- Preservation of vouchers of payments and disbursement for at least ten years
- Providing monthly financial reports to the Board of Education
- Filing of an Annual Financial Report to the Auditor of State's office
- Responsible for all checks issued by the Board of Education
- Responsible for the deposit of all funds in a depository in accordance with Chapter 135 of the ORC
- Act as an agent for the Board of Education in all dealings with the County Auditor, County Treasurer and all other persons relating to the funds of the school district
- The investment of all public monies
- Issuance of a Fiscal Certificate for all labor contracts, salary schedules, appropriations and large contracts stating that the district has adequate resources to pay the contracts
- Official Custodian of Records (Public Records Request Form)
The Treasurer must hold a valid license issued according to the standards established by the State Board of Education. Such licenses are subject to the same conduct standards which apply to administrators, teachers and other licensed educators.
The contract term for the Treasurer begins on the first day of August and ends on the thirty-first day of July, for a maximum period of five years. The Treasurer is required to execute a bond conditioned upon the faithful performance of all official duties. In addition to being bonded, the Treasurer is required to file an annual Financial Disclosure Statement with the Ohio Ethics Commission.
Mark PeperaTreasurer/CFOPhone: 330-273-0208Email: email@example.comKim KatzAssistant TreasurerPhone: 330-273-0213Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgResponsibilities: Posting receipts andexpenditures, reconciliation of bank andinvestment accounts, liaison for auditors,teacher tuition reimbursement, grantreportingTina CampbellAdministrative Assistant to the TreasurerPhone: 330-273-0208Email: email@example.comResponsibilities: District MasterCardauthorization and use, MasterCard paymentsfor school fees and Pay to Participate,preschool tuition, BOE meeting notices andminutes, student activity budget and purposestatements, tax-exempt forms, employmentverification for income purposes and new hirereporting, administrative tuition reimbursement,403(b)/457 liaison, VALIC for severancePamela EubanksPayroll SpecialistPhone: 330-225-9433Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgResponsibilities: Payroll entry, payroll checks,income taxes, severance, STRS/SERS
Kristina HaasPayroll SpecialistPhone: 330-273-0210Email: email@example.comResponsibilities: Payroll entry, payroll checks,income taxes, severance, STRS/SERSDebbie BrubakerBookkeeperPhone: 330-273-0212Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgResponsibilities: Vendors A-I, mileagereimbursement, professional leave reimbursement,district credit card accounts payableLaura FoltzAccounts PayablePhone: 330-273-0565Email: email@example.comResponsibilities: Vendors J-Z, Transportation,Food Service and Maintenance accountspayable, auxiliary services
Linda SerafinEmployee Benefits SpecialistPhone: 330-273-0203Fax: 330-273-0507Email: firstname.lastname@example.org