COVID-19 Data Dashboard
The Ohio Department of Health has recently enacted an Order Requiring Reporting and Notification Regarding COVID-19 cases in K-12 Schools.
- Beginning September 8, 2020, parents/guardians must notify their school within 24 hours of receiving a positive test or a clinical diagnosis. Reporting is required regardless of the learning scenario. In other words, even if we are still completely online, parents must notify their school about the positive test or clinical diagnosis within 24 hours of receiving the result.
- The school will then notify parents about the case within 24 hours of receiving notification. This communication will occur in writing (via email) and will provide as much information as possible without sharing protected health information.
- The school is also required to notify the Medina County Health Department about the positive test or clinical diagnosis within 24 hours.
- Local health departments throughout the state will report the number of both newly reported and cumulative cases to the Ohio Department of Health each Tuesday.
- On each Thursday, the Ohio Department of Health will share this data by school or school district, including a breakdown by students and staff. You can view this data by visiting www.coronavirus.ohio.gov
- The Brunswick City School District has identified Jason Niedermeyer, Superintendent, as our COVID-19 coordinator. The coordinator is responsible for the required reporting.