The Transportation Department at Brunswick City Schools is committed to providing our students with safe and efficient transportation to and from school. If you have questions or concerns, please call or email our department.
Planning on MovingIf you are planning on moving, please remember that we cannot assign your student to a new bus and/or bus stop until after the school of attendance has received a proof-of-residence. Once that information has been entered by the school into the student information system, the transportation department then receives that information the following morning. It then can take up to 72 hours to get your child assigned to a bus. Please be aware that you should plan on having alternate arrangements for transportation during this period.
Riding a Different Bus
- Students must ride their assigned bus to and from school.
- Changes in bus assignments and/or stops can be made only in the case of an emergency.
- Any change must be requested by the parent or guardian in writing and approved by the building principal.
School Transportation FAQs
Cell phone usage on the busThe BCSD Parent/Student Handbook prohibits cell phone usage on the bus. Information regarding this can be found starting around page 57. The page number may vary depending on your web browser.
- I cannot see my child’s bus stop from the house. Are there state laws that set the standards for bus stop location?
- Are sidewalks required for my child to get to his/her bus stop?
- I transport my child to a nonpublic/community school each day and just learned a program exists for reimbursement. How can I be reimbursed for transporting my child?
- I make my child wait inside of my house until the bus is at the stop. I have heard this is not allowed – is this true?
- My child has an I.E.P. but transportation is not being provided. Why is this?
DESIGNATED POINT OF SAFETYOhio Administrative Code § 3301-83-08 (C)(1) states:
(C) Pupil management and safety instruction policies shall include the following:
(1) Pupils shall arrive at the bus stop before the bus is scheduled to arrive."Each pupil shall be assigned a designated place of safety on the residence side of the roadway on which the vehicle is scheduled to stop. Driver must account for each pupil at designated place of safety before leaving. Pupils are not to proceed to their residence until the school bus has departed."Link to: