Return to Headlines
Arrival & Dismissal Procedures
** ARRIVAL & DISMISSAL PROCEDURES **
ARRIVAL TIMES: First Bell 9:00 Tardy Bell 9:15
DISMISSAL TIMES: First Bell 3:25 Second Bell 3:30
STUDENTS MAY ENTER THE BUILDING AT 8:50 TO PURCHASE BREAKFAST.
- Cars must enter school grounds through Berkshire Drive. The back access road has been removed.
- When entering Berkshire Drive, you must make your way to the rear of the building through the parking lot. Once you are at the back parking lot, you must loop around and pull up as far as possible until you reach the bus loop. Students must exit on the curbside of the vehicle.
- Students ARE NOT to be dropped off or picked up in the front lot. The front lot is for parents and visitors entering the building.
- Please watch and follow the car in front of you and be patient as children are exiting their vehicles.
- Please wait until a staff member signals you to pull up and out the driveway. This will be done after students have safely exited their vehicles. Do not pull around other vehicles, Berkshire now has two traffic.
- NEVER leave your vehicle unattended during arrival (9:00-9:15 a.m.) and dismissal times (3:25-3:35 p.m.). If you need to leave your vehicle, please park in the side parking lot on the North side of the building.
- Dismissal procedures will follow the same procedure.
- All vehicles should be aware of buses entering the school driveway and yield to buses.
- All buses MUST enter and exit before car riders are dismissed. Our buses have a close schedule to follow.
- When picking up your child, please be prepared to always show a state issued picture ID. Your child will not be released to anyone who is not listed as an emergency contact on the Student Information Form (SIF).
- Students who walk to school should use the Huntington Circle/Applewood Drive entrance or the Berkshire crosswalk at arrival and dismissal. Safety Patrol and staff will be on duty to assist. Please follow all directions, as safety is first.
- Again, thank you! We greatly appreciate your cooperation and patience in helping us to make our arrival and dismissal procedures safe and efficient for our students and for you. We understand that your time is valuable and that you want to pick up your child as quickly as possible. We ask you to remember that we are all members of a community and that each parent shares the same concerns and time constraints. Please be respectful and considerate of each other and our staff. Our first concern must be the safety of our students.
- Arrival Doors - All students enter doors at the main entrance. Students should not be dropped off before 9:00 am.
- Dismissal Doors - Walkers and Bus Riders exit doors at the main entrance. Car Riders exit by the fourth grade classrooms near the drop off zone.